Joe Freck has been described as a real Renaissance Man. Behind his desk at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Florida Realty, hanging on the wall is a framed picture of Freck standing by the Ferrari Mondial he previously owned. In addition is a collage of autographed photos that were personally sent to him including Bill Gates, Jack Welch, Donald Trump and Warren Buffett. Along with these hang a large autographed photo of Muhammad Ali and two photos of his daughter, Alix Amber Freck. “These six people have given me the inspiration to go to work everyday and give it my best”, Freck says.
Joe Freck moved to Gainesville in October 1973 from Indiana. He founded, owned, and sold his own landscaping company, which was his first real experience in the business world. In 1976 he joined with three others as a co-founder of Café Espresso, which was one of Gainesville’s most popular businesses through the late 1990’s. He sold his interest in the Café, and in 1981 he entered into real estate sales at William Hall Realty, selling a commercial property his first day on the job. In the mid 1980’s he co-founded ERA Metro Realty, which he sold in 1987. In 1991, he joined forces with what is now Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Florida Realty.
Since the day he began his real estate career, Freck estimates that he has sold thousands of acres of land, over 880 homes, 1.3 million square feet of retail and shopping center space, and over 1,000 apartment units. He holds the company record to date for the two top individual sales of $8,000,000 each. Also, to his credit are 33 commercial transactions in excess of $1,000,000 each. In addition to his brokerage sales, Freck puts his money where is mouth is, as he has owned and managed millions of dollars worth of real estate in his own account. He believes in the long run real estate will outperform stocks and bonds.
Other Freck talents include commercial mortgage financing, and he is a former licensed mortgage broker, highlighted by a closed mortgage transaction of $11.3 Million dollars he handled for one of his clients in 2006 in the refinancing of a retail center/office facility. While he does not practice currently, he was previously qualified to operate as a real estate auctioneer.
Freck is continually called upon for his knowledge and wisdom in the retail, office, multi-family, industrial and commercial investment markets. With an acute eye for detail, he is a top flight professional agent who focuses on thinking outside the box as well as being a strong negotiator for his clients.
What does he enjoy the most about being in the real estate business? “That is an easy question”, he says. “Having satisfied clients, and most proudly receiving referrals from them”. Freck estimates that he has maintained around a 97% customer satisfaction rating over his career. “While you can’t please everyone, I know if I can please 9 out of 10, I am doing it right”.
After turning 68 this year, is retirement on the horizon? “No,” he says with a sheepish smile. “As long as my health remains good, I am looking to keep trying to do it better, and I have new goals and personal records to set. I’m excited to continue to serve my past clients and friends, as well as meeting and making new ones”.
- Awarded 2019 Chairman Circle Gold for Berkshire Hathaway Home Services by placing in the top 2% of all agents
- Graduate of Bert Rogers School of Real Estate, Florida Real Estate Institute, and Jim Graham School of Auctioneering
- Holds certification of Certified Residential Specialist
- Currently holds record for highest gross sales production for Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Florida Realty (2004)
- Currently holds Florida license of Real Estate Broker
- Awarded prestigious 2017 President Circle’s award for production placing in the top 4% of all Berkshire Hathaway Home Services agents
- 4x Leading Edge Society Award winner from Berkshire Hathaway Home Services (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
- Awarded the designation of Luxury Collection Specialist and membership in Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Luxury Collection in 2017