Joseph E. Freck
Joe Freck has been described as a real Renaissance Man. Behind his desk at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Florida Realty, hanging on the wall is a framed picture of Freck standing by the Ferrari Mondial he previously owned. In addition is a collage of autographed photos that were personally sent to him including Bill Gates, Jack Welch, Donald Trump and Warren Buffett. Along with these hang a large autographed photo of Muhammad Ali and two photos of his daughter, Alix Amber Freck. “These six people have given me the inspiration to go to work everyday and give it my best”, Freck says.
Joe Freck moved to Gainesville in October 1973 from Indiana. He founded, owned, and sold his own landscaping company, which was his first real experience in the business world. In 1976 he joined with three others as a co-founder of Café Espresso, which was one of Gainesville’s most popular businesses through the late 1990’s. He sold his interest in the Café, and in 1981 he entered into real estate sales at William Hall Realty, selling a commercial property his first day on the job. In the mid 1980’s he co-founded ERA Metro Realty, which he sold in 1987. In 1991, he joined forces with what is now Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Florida Realty.
Since the day he began his real estate career, Freck estimates that he has sold thousands of acres of land, over 890 homes, 1.4 million square feet of retail and shopping center space, numerous office properties, and over 1,000 apartment units. He holds the company record to date for the two top individual sales of $8,000,000 each. Also, to his credit are 38 commercial transactions in excess of $1,000,000 each. In addition to his brokerage sales, Freck puts his money where is mouth is, as he has owned and managed millions of dollars worth of real estate in his own account. He believes in the long run real estate will outperform stocks and bonds.
Other Freck talents include commercial mortgage financing, and he is a former licensed mortgage broker, highlighted by a closed mortgage transaction of $11.3 Million dollars he handled for one of his clients in 2006 in the refinancing of a retail center/office facility. While he does not practice currently, he was previously qualified to operate as a real estate auctioneer.
Freck is continually called upon for his knowledge and wisdom in the retail, office, multi-family, industrial and commercial investment markets. With an acute eye for detail, he is a top flight professional agent who focuses on thinking outside the box as well as being a strong negotiator for his clients.
What does he enjoy the most about being in the real estate business? “That is an easy question”, he says. “Having satisfied clients, and most proudly receiving referrals from them”. Freck estimates that he has maintained around a 97% customer satisfaction rating over his career. “While you can’t please everyone, I know if I can please 97 out of 100, I am doing it right”.
After turning 70 this year, is retirement on the horizon? “No,” he says with a sheepish smile. “As long as my health remains good, I am looking to keep trying to do it better, and I have new goals and personal records to set. I’m excited to continue to serve my past clients and friends, as well as meeting and making new ones”.
- Awarded 2019 & 2020 Chairman Circle Gold for Berkshire Hathaway Home Services by placing in the top 2% of all agents
- Graduate of Bert Rogers School of Real Estate, Florida Real Estate Institute, and Jim Graham School of Auctioneering
- Holds certification of Certified Residential Specialist
- Currently holds record for highest gross sales production for Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Florida Realty (2004)
- Currently holds Florida license of Real Estate Broker
- Awarded prestigious 2017 and 2021 President’s Circle award for production placing in the top 5% of all Berkshire Hathaway Home Services agents
- 4x Leading Edge Society Award winner from Berkshire Hathaway Home Services (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
- Awarded the designation of Luxury Collection Specialist and membership in Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Luxury Collection in 2017
Office Direct: 352-225-4620
- Closed sale of 218.6 acre former egg farm in Union County, FL
- Closed 31,129 square foot office building on 3.4 acres for $5,715,000 in 2nd Quarter
- Awarded prestigious President’s Circle Award for 2021 for outstanding performance
- Closed 14,284 square foot retail building on 2.07 acres for $1,200,000
- Closed 8 Multi-family Acres $1,350,000 in 2nd Quarter
- Awarded 2020 Chairman’s Circle Gold for placing in the top 2% of Berkshire Hathaway Home Services agents for production
- Closed 6,000 square foot restaurant building / business on 2 acres for $1,200,000 in 1st Quarter
- Closed 54,114 square foot office building in Clearwater, FL for $5,800,000 in 4th Quarter
- 2019 Award of Chairman Circle Gold for all agents of Berkshire Hathaway Home Services placing in the top 2% of all agents
- #19 out of 1,600 BHHS agents for North Florida
- Closed Sales Volume $21,365,864 for 2019
- Awarded 2018 Leading Edge Society Award. 4x award winner!
- Closed $625,000 Cedar Key waterfront home in 1st Quarter
- Closed $820,000 home sale 1st Quarter
- Closed 96,009 square feet shopping center sale of $8,000,000 in 4th Quarter
- Closed $2.1 M Commercial Lease in 1st Quarter
- Closed $1.1 M ranch sale in 1st Quarter
- Awarded prestigious 2017 President Circle’s award for production placing in the top 4% of all Berkshire Hathaway Home Services agents
- Closed $1,065,000 Office Building 4th quarter
- Closed $900,000 Office Complex Sale in 1st Quarter
- Closed $1,050,000 Automotive Lease in 2nd Quarter
- Awarded the designation of Luxury Collection Specialist and membership in Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Luxury Collection in 3rd Quarter
- Closed Apartment Complex sale- 14 Units $1,400,000 in 4th Quarter
- Leading Edge Society Award winner from Berkshire Hathaway Home Services. 3rd year in a row!
- Finalized $1,050,000 Commercial Lease Agreement 4th Quarter
- Closed 9 unit Condominium sale $873,000 1st Quarter
- Awarded Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Trend Realty Leading Edge Society Award
- 7.4 million in Closed Sales
- Closed $875,000 Automobile Dealership Property in 2nd Quarter
- Closed Residential Sale of $600,000 in Split Rail 2nd Quarter
- Recipient of the distinguished Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Leading Edge Society Award
- $5,072,968 in closed sales
- Closed $2,000,000 commercial sale in 4th Quarter
- Closed $480,000 commercial Office building sale in 4th Quarter
- Closed residential sale in Haile Plantation Branton Court for $485,000 I 4th quarter
- Closed residential sale in Windsor Glen Plantation for $ 530,00 in 1st quarter
- Listed and sold the popular Emerald’s Lounge for $690,000 in 3rd quarter
- Closed residential sale of $562,000 in the third quarter
- Closed 18 acre commercial property in 2nd quarter – $4,377,754
- Leading listing agent in 1st quarter at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Trend Realty
- Over $7,000,000 in closed sales
- $20 million in closed sales
- Closed residential sale of $750,000
- Successful commercial mortgage refinance – $11,300,000
- Closed oceanfront condominium – $775,000
- Closed 82.5K square foot shopping center – $4,100,000
- Closed 288 unit mobile home-apartment complex – $4,000,000
- Closed over $15,000,000 in 2005
- Closed residential sale totaling $830,000 in third quarter
- Closed sale of 54,233 SF shopping center – $1,400,000
- Top career sales year setting company record for closed sales that still stands.
- Holds highest closed sale, The Oaks, 150 Unit Apartment Complex – $8,000,000
- Closed sale of 118,000 square foot shopping center – $2,900,000
- Closed sale of 6,700 square foot Medical Office Building, Gainesville, Florida – $1,000,000
- Closed sale of 170,835 SF shopping center in 4th quarter – $4,000,000